the Wigan GPSTP
We are looking for enthusiastic doctors who are excited about training for general practice in a well-organised scheme. The Wigan GP Speciality Training Programme is fully integrated; highly general practice orientated; and has strong links with the local training practices. Careers advice in integrated into the ST3 year educational programme and we do an annual exercise where you have the opportunity to visit practices who have a vacancy or may have a vacancy in the near future. We have an excellent track record for GPSTs joining local practices and taking on active roles within the local health community, including leading roles in the local GP practice federations, Wigan Borough CCG, the LMC and medical education.
Wigan and Leigh Trust can offer you:
- Pleasant working environment in a hospital that has undergone major new development.
- Friendly and supportive staff.
- An recently refurbished and extended active medical institute and 24 hour library access.
- A flexible training scheme where you chose your rotation.
Live in an area:
- With excellent leisure facilities, including several country park, theatre, large cinema complex.
- Watch Championship football and Super League rugby.
- Famous for sport, with a major sports complex which includes the DW stadium, indoor tennis, 5-a-side football, and Robin Park athletics stadium.
- Which is well known for its active nightlife.
- With easy access to Manchester, Liverpool, and the Lake District by train or car.